Sunday, July 31, 2011

pride 2011

I managed to get into Vancouver to see this year's pride parade. Last year I didn't go as I've seen a number of them but it looks like this year's parade was less impressive. Perhaps the available money has a bearing on the outcome. Meantime, enjoy these photos! There'll be more to come as I edit what I have. - V
"Are you being served?" That's what he appears to being saying to us!
Somehow this gnome got into the parade as well. Any thoughts why? Meantime, more to come! - V

5 comments:

DeepBlue said...

There are bad and good years in every city's pride parade I guess. But I think people are having fun anyways! That's the purpose of it all!
Schöne Bilder! Danke!
Hugs
Jon

Volker said...

Bitte schoene! Thanks about the photos, Jon! Having a telephoto lens certainly helps but it would have been nice to be in a closer position. For that I'd have to come earlier to get some awesome close-up shots. Perhaps next year! - V

Volker said...

Das sollte leider "bitte schoen" sein nicht "bitte schoene." Entschuldigung! - V

DeepBlue said...

Don't worry... I'm not THAT fluent in german... so when it comes to spelling... I still mix the articles: der, die, das, den, dem, des... please God help me which one!!! LOL!
Jon

Volker said...

German spelling is very easy. Its spelled the way it sounds unlike English where there are half a dozen ways to spell one particular sound as an example.

German grammar on the other had is difficult even for someone born a German. I found French grammar far easier! And English grammar is another story all together with all sorts of rules and exceptions to them.

Aren't languages fun? - V