Saturday, July 2, 2011

Canada Day at English Bay - Vancouver

I spent part of my day in Vancouver yesterday, Canada Day! After completing some errands I went to see what was happening at the main beach at English Bay near Davie and Denman Streets. Here are a few photos that will give you an idea. It was mostly overcast but the sun was trying to make an appearance.
There were kayaks for rent at the beach but on a really hot, sunny day they do a great business! That day it was warm but not exceptional!
And guess who's got to bring these kayaks back once those that have rented them are done?
There were freighters on English Bay as usual and Canadian flags were flying near Davie and Denman Streets befitting the occasion. The annual flowers will be bigger come BC Day and certainly even better by Labour Day! I hope you had an awesome day!!! - V

2 comments:

Corve said...

I will celebrate with Canada one day

Volker said...

I hope its in a beautiful place when you do! - V