Saturday, June 4, 2011

Nick's eyes

You may have heard me say that the eyes are the path to the soul or something of that nature! Well, looking at Nick it reminds me of something curious that happened years ago when I went over to a friend's place for a visit. Their youngest son who was in kindergarten at the time ran up to me across the floor and up on my lap and looked me straight in the eyes. I was seated in a chair at the time just taking it easy, so I didn't know what to make of it. Children are the closest to the other side and have not been sullied by life on this side, so they can see you who you really are without any facade!

That same kid gave me a piece of his artwork from class. It was on reddish-coloured tissue paper and I still have it to this day. I was thinking of framing it and giving it back!

Something to think about, guys! - V

No comments: