Friday, January 14, 2011

contribution

Its Friday and nearing the end of the day. After a week of research, I've decided to contribute to Xavier Dolan's next film effort, "Laurence Anyways," and if you're interested, perhaps you might consider this too. I've long been interested in cinematography and have amassed a eclectic collection of films in both the vhs and dvd format, plus I have a few reels of my own efforts on super8 film tucked away somewhere (I know, this takes us quite a way back!). I hope to have the latter transfered to dvd at some point but I digress.

So, here's a short list of Xavier's film efforts so far. He's certainly worth watching!

1. I Killed My Mother (Canada, 2009) or J'ai tue ma mere

2. Heartbeats (Canada, 2010) or Les Amours imaginaires

3. Laurence Anyways (in production)

To my French-speaking readers, sorry about the spelling. I only have an English keyboard, so I can only type characters commonly used in English. The new laptop computer I have an eye on hopefully will have a bilingual keyboard but for the moment this will have to do. You know what I mean anyways, hopefully.

Meantime, check out the touscoprod.com website for inspiration. Congratulations, Xavier, you're doing an awesome job!!! Hopefully those of us interested in your efforts can make your visions a reality!!! - V

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey guys!

I just wanted to let you know that you don't actually have to spend the money on an international keyboard, because all the setups are automatically loaded into windows. If you go into the Region and Language settings in the control panel, you can actually completely change your keyboard layout. The only thing to remember is that it maps it out like a foreign keyboard. For some reason this is set up automatically on all European systems. It's the only way I can touch type on my partner's French computer!

Volker said...

Thanks for the info. Its worth remembering.

In my case, I'm upgrading to a new laptop computer because the one I have is ancient by today's standards and the new ones coming out today have features that the old ones don't have.

I'll look into this. Its an option that would allow me to spell French and German words correctly. Thanks for the advice! - V

Volker said...

By the way, I just had a look at your blog. Good luck on making a go of it in France.

Personally, I love the country and have been there for a visit each time I've been to Europe to visit Germany where I was born. I speak English and German and can get by in basic French, well, I won't starve!

Look for some images I took during past trips to Europe once I get some computer issues out of the way which will allow me to use my new photo scanner. - V