Sunday, January 16, 2011

cameras, faces and other things

The rain we had yesterday, overnight and this morning has given way to occasional sunshine. I'm going to get some laundry out of the way shortly but I thought to get this post done first before doing that.

With my mind on cameras and various related equipment there's such a variety of cameras out there of one sort or another that its very handy to keep in touch with our friends and others, such as a fitness trainer, one our physical development (as you can see in the above image) or anything else that comes to mind. Its so easy to get up to date information from the internet and get feedback from others more or less immediately.

I've got two digital cameras, a camcorder, photo scanner and printers to my name, not to mention the laptop computer which is due to be replaced. The current laptop was bought in the spring of 2004 and has certainly seen better days. The new ones on the market now have larger hard drives and can handle the software available today. Mine originally had a small hard drive by today's standards but as I look, I should be able to find one that meets my needs today and for a few years to come. The plan is to buy a work station later and use the laptop when travelling about. That's the plan anyway!
Moving on to other matters, some faces grab my attention immediately. The eyes are the root to the soul and we must instinctively recognize others of like mind immediately. I know someone that looked similar to the person above when he was younger but when I last saw him, he had hair of the same colour and similar length but no white or grey in it. He's someone from my high school days. We met in high school when I was in grade 12 and he was in grade 11. The first time was like two deer caught in the headlights sort of thing which is the best way I can describe it. We met up a number of times over a period of years. His father was a United Church minister and his mother I'd never seen but briefly talked to on the phone when trying to contact John, my friend. We've long since parted ways and his parents have most likely passed on (but you never know). Wouldn't it be nice to meet up again and get caught up in what has happened in the intervening years? I do have a series of photos I took of John back in the 1970s which I'd certainly would want to share with him but who knows!

Friday evening on my way home from work I saw someone on the SkyTrain that looks a lot like Brad. The hair colour and length was the same, the shape of the ears and the stud in them was the same, and the height and age was similar (tall and handsome). There was one notable difference, he had a short dark beard, which would make sense. Brad said he had been in work camps in the Rockies and on the island (Vancouver). This guy was with an asian fellow of about the same age as him. If he is the one and the same, I would certainly want to meet up. Who knows?!?! Regardless, I hold no ill will and feel we should move forward and make a go of it. Friendship is a good start. The rest is up to Brad. All I can say at the moment is that I still have one of his photos as a wallpaper on the computer and I have the same image in my bedroom. That should say a lot!!!

Now I'm off to get the laundry out of the way. Hope all is well, guys!!! - V

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me where I can find the photo or profile of the man of the first photo?
Thanks!

Volker said...

Unfortunately, I've forgotten where I've seen this one but try googling "asian male model" and see what comes of it. Good luck! - V