Wednesday, September 22, 2010

gout is back

There was a storm front that moved through the area late Sunday into Monday which brought rain, lots of it, well certainly not as much as other parts of this country have suffered but more than we've had all summer.

Well, at the same time came gout symptoms but this time affecting my left foot rather than the right. There's little swelling at the moment (and I'd like to keep it that way), so it may just be arthritis something I also have in my right knee, and its been with me since my teens in case you think its all about old age! I'm taking some aspirin each day to dull the pain and I'll likely head over to the clinic to get a prescription for an anti-inflammatory. That's in case there is some swelling.

My supervisor at work is away on vacation next week, so its me that's holding the fort as the saying goes. Besides, if we don't work, we don't get paid. Not working creates its own set of issues. So, in the interim I'll do what I can to keep the pain and swelling away while this heals itself. I hope all is better for you. Besides, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!!! - V

No comments: