Thursday, September 11, 2008

Soup's on

After my last post, I spent the rest of the evening preparing the ingredients for cooking soup (chicken with rice and vegetables) and then got down to business. The soup is now complete with the aroma wafting thoughout the entire apartment. The ingredients are simple enough: diced onions, celery, carrots plus a mix of white and wild rice with sea salt, freshly ground pepper and herbs to taste. Olive oil was heated in a pan first and then the onions added allowing them to soften. Then I added the chicken (in this case breasts) browning on both sides. Then I added the vegetables plus water (freshly boiled). The rice was added and topped with more water. The whole thing was then slow-cooked for over an hour with the lid on. Soup done in this way lasts me about two days unless I have company in which case it doesn't make it past the first! Now if you excuse me, I'm going to have a bowl before I retire for the night. Speaking of which, have a great night! - Volker

No comments: