Saturday, September 13, 2008

the mundane

Today has been a slow day, a day to take it easy. After a week of getting up just past 5 am, it was nice to just sleep in for a change. So, its been a day to catch my breath, have a leasurely late breakfast, read emails and then get to the laundry (three loads) which are being tackled now (its just after 5 pm). While the laundry is doing its thing, I am drinking a tall beer, "la fin du monde" , a beer brewed by Unibroue in Chambly, Quebec. Its 9 % alcohol if this interests you. My favourite beers are those from Belgium, so any beer in the Belgian-style is my kind of brew. When the laundry is done, I'll be having supper (left over soup from the day before last: chicken with rice and vegetables). The soup tastes so much better the day after or so as the flavours mingle. In the meantime, I've not heard from Brad but he's likely focused on getting here, so no news is good news. He does plan to call me but pay phones are hard to find along the highway but when he does find one and plans to call, my cell phone is one, except when its charging which I leave for late at night. When I take a shower in the morning, I will obviously miss a call but my cell phone will tell me that I've missed a call and indicate the number unless its blocked. So how has your day been? - Volker

No comments: