Thursday, June 12, 2008

Strange

The weather for the last few weeks has been rather odd, or "strange." We've had weeks of gloomy, overcast skies with occasional rain. The sun has been play with us by appearing briefly and then disappearing. It teased us again Thursday afternoon and then played the disappearing act. I did have a look at the weather network's website and found that the jet stream is further south than it would be normally for this time of year! The jet stream is south of us here in the Greater Vancouer area. I did notice that the weather is warmer further north and east of us (hmmmm???). Even back east, where I had lived most of my life, people have been trying to get out of the "heat" into an air-conditioned environment. Is this global cooling for us and warming for others? Very strange but interesting at the same time, if you know what I mean. Any thoughts? Meantime, I am hearing about sunny weather on the weekend. I'll believe that when I see it for real! - Volker

No comments: