When I came to joine the triathlon, the men were swimming as can be seen above. There were three helicopters overhead during this part of the event.
This was followed by the bike event, my favourite, but then I used to cycle almost daily when I was younger. It certainly burned off the calories! You can see how trim and fit these guys are. Their efforts have done them well.
These guys had their names front and back plus the start numbers on their upper arms as you can see.
The bike event was followed by the running as pictured above and below. Perhaps you can see your favourite. Those taking part came from many parts of the world but Europe dominated the event and ultimately winning (see below).
Official Results1.5km swim, 40km swim, 10km runGold -
- Javier Gomez (ESP) 1:49:48Silver
- Bevan Docherty (NZL) 1:50:12Bronze
- Reto Hug (SUI) 1:50:174th
- Hendrik de Villiers (RSA) 1:50:185th
- Matthew Reed (USA) 1:50:276th
- Simon Whitfield (CAN) 1:50:277th
- Igor Sysoev (RUS) 1:50:288th
- Tony Moulai (FRA) 1:50:319th
- Paul Tichelaar (CAN) 1:50:3210th
- Ivan Vasiliev (RUS) 1:50:34
Check out http://www.triathlonvancouver.com/ for more information and the complete results. - Volker