Saturday, June 20, 2009

Metropolis

"Unless he extends the circle of compassion to all living creatures, man himself will not find peace." - Albert Schweitzer

Perhaps you've heard of Albert Schweitzer, perhaps not. He was born in Kaysersberg, Alsace (France), which at the time was part of Germany after the Franco-Prussian War. Anyway, to get to the point, I remember him for not only being born in Alsace but also for playing the organ and living out his life in Gabon, Africa. This learned and compassionate man is well remembered who was still living back when I was in my teenage years. In a strange twist of fate, someone at work mentioned to me that he may be a distant relation of hers. Interesting how small the world has become!

I spent the late morning and early afternoon getting three loads of laundry out of the way before heading out to Metropolis at Metrotown, one of the lagest malls in the region, if not one of the busiest! My first stop was the Superstore to get some groceries, items that I normally don't get elsewhere. This pleasure cost me about $75 after which I went to another shop to get some Dolce et Gabbana eau de toilette which cost me a little bit more than what I had just spent on groceries. But it was so worth it! Its one of my favourites. I guess I've finally succumbed to all those scents wafting from some of those hot guys I've seen over the years. Just a little dab in the right places is all that's needed. There's no need to bathe in the stuff. This scent is one of those that I'm not sensitive to (some cause me allergic reactions), which is a good thing. I may try a few others but I'll have to test them first before going to the trouble of purchasing any others.

So, it was a short bus ride and then a trip on the SkyTrain to get to the mall and then another short trip on the train and another short bus ride to get home. This mall is most always busy and today was no exception. After leaving home after 4 pm, I returned shortly after 7 pm, in time to have some supper and then get behind the computer for a while.

As I was heading out, I spoke at length on my cell phone with a friend of mine living in Vancouver. We caught up on news and made arrangements to perhaps meet up in the afternoon Sunday. He's a caretaker at an apartment building who I've known for over two years (going into the third). Tomorrow's the day he has work done on his bike before heading out to the seawall (Stanley Park) afterward. We'll see what happens!

The Jonas Brothers will be hosting the Much Music Video Awards (MMVA) on CITY-TV tomorrow and if I had cable, I'd probably watch it. The trio have been getting a lot of coverage in the local papers lately and likely also on tv (if I watched it). I've been watching Much Music since its early days but for the last year or so haven't been watching with cable lacking. That may change soon. I found a deal through one of the local cable providers, so may get that and an internet connection through the same provider. More on all that later.

Its rather dull stuff I guess but part of my reality. So how was your weekend so far??? I'd love to hear your story, so send me your comments if the mood strikes! - V.

No comments: