Tuesday, August 12, 2008

More hot weather to come

Well, I hear on the radio that we're into some hot weather starting tomorrow with 30 degrees plus temperatures (Celsius). This will put us into the weekend and should fill the beaches once again. The above photo was taken Monday of last week on BC Day at West Spanish Banks Beach in Vancouver. All the beaches along that shore were filled with activity from Kitsilano Beach and Jericho Beach on to Spanish Banks Beach. There were people out having picnics everywhere one could look. That was the case with picnics this past weekend as well though the beaches were less filled with cooler temperatures.

I was out scouting beaches in advance of Brad's arrival, so he should find these more than acceptable. Meantime, the home phone is still acting up, so I'll have to contact my provider and have a tech come over to check this out. The odd thing is that I'm still getting calls from telemarketers and of course, the occasional wrong number. Just as long as the internet connection is running correctly, I'm more than happy. Meantime, Brad will have to call me on my cell since there are no problems there. That's it for now. I'm off to work soon! - Volker

2 comments:

MAC said...

Here in Texas we finally got some relief from the heat. It's been raining since 6am, my garden is in heaven. Have a yummy day!!!

Volker said...

The problem here on the west coast (BC anyway) is that when it gets hot it is also very humid! I'm not looking forward to the humid part. Have a great week! - Volker