Saturday, June 19, 2010

smartphones and other stuff

For the last couple of weeks I've been researching smartphones and both netbooks and laptops before making a decision on adding another new element to what I have currently. As far as the smartphones are concerned, I love the Motorola Backflip but am not particularly thrilled about the only provider that goes with that phone. The Motorola Dext is one of my other choices and there's a different provider associated with it. I'll have to check it out in greater detail.

Another choice is a BlackBerry 8530 Smartphone, also with a QWERTY key board like the others, and the same provider that offers the second Motorola phone also offer this one. This BlackBerry is offered at $24.95 with a 3 year contract at $40 per month with a voice and data plan. There is the possibility of purchasing an older BlackBerry model for $25 but I would go for the newer model I mentioned since the price is the same if I plan to go for a BlackBerry.

I've also been looking at various model of netbooks and laptops, such as HP, Dell, Acer and other makes. There's a lot more research to be done there as well before deciding between a netbook (or other) and a smartphone. What I'm looking for is something easy and light to work with for easy communications, from voice to email and so on. Feel free to Google any of the above devices to find out more about them. If you've got some suggestions based on personal experience, I'm all ears!

I'll have more on all this later. Meantime, there are a number of things that need doing, so I'll be off to get those done before returning to the computer this evening. Have a great day, guys!!! - V


No comments: