Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Progress

I'm making some progress in unpacking and sorting my stuff. The progress is good and about three quarters done. There are just four china barrels, a few mirror pack containing pictures and "mirrors" plus a small assortment of boxes. I hope to have this all done by the weekend and then call the auctioneer to pick up the stuff ready for auction (he holds his auctions on weekends). Once the sale items are out of the apartment, I can get it organized in time for Brad's arrival, well most of it. Its a challenge working that around a full-time job and other duties. However, its nice to have a largely organized kitchen and a real bed to sleep on instead of an airbed or a simple, hard mattress that's supposed to pass for a bed.

A leg on the dining room cabinet came loose, so I will wait with that until Brad arrives so he can help me move the top unit which is too heavy for me to lift alone. Then I'll glue the leg back on, wait for the glue to dry and then set the top unit back in place before loading the cabinet with china and other stuff. The glass top for the dining room table is still packed in a crate, so once the other items are removed by the crew from the auction house, I'll have room to set the crate on the floor and removed the wooden top to get at the glass top inside.

Various items like books and LPs are going to other places for sale where I'll likely get more money for them anyway. Slowly the place will get organized and have a degree of normalcy, what ever that is!

The weather has warmed to above freezing. It should be near 9+ Celsius tomorrow, and much of the snow has melted. Its overcast for the most part but neither snowing nor raining for the moment. The sun does make the odd appearance but not often enough for my liking. Spring flowers start showing as early as February which makes my friends back east just jealous and no fair when they still have snow on the ground.

Anyway, I'll update some later. Right now its time for a shower and some unpacking before heading to bed. Five in the morning comes early enough. More later!

2 comments:

MAC said...

It sounds like you've had a busy year so far. Good luck with the auction. HAVE A YUMMY DAY!!!

Volker said...

Thanks! It sure has been busy and will continue to be so, though the photography end of it isn't really work for me since I enjoy it so much. Its fun stuff! Have a GREAT DAY yourselves!!!