Wednesday, September 21, 2011

happy hour

Back in the 1970s I did something other than what I'm currently doing for a living. Then I was working in retail sales. I've had a very long time to hone my people skills. While holding a job in 1977, we all met at a restaurant-tavern on a Friday after work for "happy hour." It was that time to socialize and talk about things other than work, or that was the plan. This is one such photo taken on one of those pleasant events in London, Ontario. Note the stubby beer bottles, a sign of the times. In the 1980s designer bottles came into vogue and the stubbies disappeared. They disappeared and so did the restaurant-tavern when the mall the establishment was in went through a major renovation. My how things do change! That is a constant in life!! - V

No comments: