Saturday, September 24, 2011

alpines

These photos were taken of some of the alpine and other flowers I was growing in the 1970s in the backyard. Most of the alpines were later moved to a flower bed in the front yard. My other passion was growing vegetables, something rather practical. The garden itself involved considerable effort in the springtime with turning the soil, sometimes even double spading. I grew some of the plants, like tomatoes and peppers, indoors to give them a head start. I was living at my parents' home at the time. - V

3 comments:

the island guy said...

Thanks for showing me how beautiful nature can be

the island guy said...

Thanks for showing me how beautiful nature can be

Volker said...

Thank you for taking the time to visit in order to see how beautiful nature really is. There are wonders waiting for us to discover around every corner! - V