Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Carcassonne

This is a view of the castle in the old city in Carcassonne, France. The castle is found in the old city between the inner and outer walls that encircle the town. I took this photo when I was 18 years old during a seven week trip to Europe in 1972. My cousin lent me his 35mm Voigtlaender reflex camera for the trip. I got very proficient at using it by the end of the summer, as you might imagine. I even had the option of buying it if I wanted. I the end I declined that option but I did purchase a 35mm Voigtlaender single-lens reflex camera in the early 1980s. Both were manual and so settings were not set automatically as with today's automatic cameras.

Now I've completely converted over to digital photography but the basics of photography were learned when I had film cameras.

Meantime, if you'd like to know more about what I saw at Carcassonne, check out my photo blog. The link is below in the right-hand sidebar (Volker's Photo Blog). - V

No comments: