Wednesday, February 2, 2011

letters

I recently made a commitment to send the daughter of one of my cousins (mother's side of the family) scanned images of letters her grandfather (my uncle by marriage to my mother's sister) sent me starting in the mid-1960s. The letter above is six hand-written pages in total. The letter was written in March 1965 when I was 11 going on 12 years old. There are about ten years of letters, perhaps a few more. This page shows the colour of the paper and its texture. My uncle passed on in 1977 but since Carleen is a school teacher, I thought she would benefit from learning more about her grandfather.

I'm including the first page of the letter so that you've got an idea what my photo scanner, the Epson Perfection V500 Colour Photo scanner can do, well, in case you're looking for one yourself. Anyway, the project is for the weekend when more time is available.

I'll post some more scanned photos and images as I continue to explore what the scanner can do. For now its bedtime. Have a good night! - V

No comments: