Friday, February 11, 2011

latest Sci-Fi movie

The film, I Am Number Four, comes out in the theatres next week, February 18 to be exact, and stars Alex Pettyfer, a young English actor born on April 10, 1990.

The movie is a production of Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg through Dreamworks. The project is reported to have cost between $50 and $60 million. The plot is about an alien, human-like species that comes to Earth followed by another race, whose planet has been destroyed, who follows them to this planet. The first three have been killed and the character that Alex plays is number four. I've seen a past film that Alex Pettyfer starred in, Stormbreaker (2006) about spys and MI6 (UK), and found it interesting enough after seeing it in French to get a copy of my own even though its said to have been a flop.

I've long had a great interest in space, space exploration and sci-fi movies since the 1960s and plan to see this one. What about you? - V

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the movie looks interesting. It does help that Alex Pettyfer is in it. I have always enjoyed the secret power scenarios myself.

Volker said...

Alex is certainly very easy on the eyes, that's for sure. I'm going into Vancouver later this afternoon to find "Stormbreaker", or "Operation Stormbreaker" as its also called.

I'm intrigued with the latest film, "I Am Number Four" since Steven Spielberg is involved. I've seen several Spielberg films, such as "Cocoon" and others in the past. I hope to post after I have seen Alex Pettyfer's latest film.