Saturday, February 25, 2012

Erica

While on my way home yesterday evening, I bought this heather plant to use as a centre piece on the dining room table.  Its an Erica x darleyensis "Kramer's Red."  I used to have some of these plants in my garden back east in southwestern Ontario (London).  These are very pretty and the plants would attract a lot of bees when they were in flower in the spring, mostly bumblebees but also butterflies and hover flies.

Its a slow day.  I'll be spending a lot of time at home unless the sun comes out and stays out for a long while.  The sun was out a bit earlier but it has disappeared once again.  Sunday, its laundry time once again but I plan to watch some movies this evening (DVDs) since I have enough of them and there doesn't appear to be anything interesting on TV for the moment.

Have a great weekend, guys! - V

No comments: