Saturday, March 17, 2012

romeos, the movie

Yesterday late afternoon before returning home from Vancouver I stopped by this shop to check out magazines and videos.  I found this movie called Romeos in German with English subtitles (well, I really don't need the subtitles since I can understand the German very well).  The film is about a female trans person that is introduced to the gay scene, but while keeping the truth from others has its pitfalls, Lukas (trans) is introduced to the cute Fabio.  The trailer is in German but I'm sure you'll get the idea.  If we hide who we truly are from others, how does that effect our relationships with others, especially those close to us?  Its worth thinking about and taking a deeper look at.  What do you think?

The movie, which is 94 minutes long by the way, is a Strand Releasing film and won an award at the Berlin International Film Festival.  Check it out if it sounds interesting to you.

~ Volker

No comments: