Saturday, September 19, 2009

today - Saturday

Today, I slept in till almost 10 am before deciding to get up. Other than the weekend, I am up at about 5 am to get ready for work, so being able to sleep in is a treat. I did the earlier post after breakfast and before heading off to Vancouver for the afternoon. Since I've got the pager and am on call, I didn't want to stray too far in the event I had to answer any important calls or have to head off to the work site to handle a situation. As things are, it's been a rather quiet day on the work front, so that's a good thing.

I took a number of photos, so I'll have some to post as soon as I get them downloaded from my camera. There are not as many as last Saturday, so it'll be easier work editing them as well. I took in parts of Stanley Park and English Bay Beach this time round.

I bought some groceries before heading back home from Vancouver. Some of the items are for supper. The fruit, such as bananas, pears and nectarines, are to last through the week. A lot of what I purchase is on sale to stretch the dollars to the best advantage.

Right now I am cooking up a stew with chicken drumsticks, a variety of vegetables such as potatoes, onion, carrots, celery, garlic (all diced) plus sea salt, freshly ground pepper and a mix of herbs to taste. I also added some water and white wine, in this case chardonnay from the pays d'oc of southern France. I'm topping up the wine as it cooks at a low heat, and if it's good enough to drink, it's good enough for the pot! I'll have some this evening before bedtime but it'll be a lot better tomorrow and certainly Monday after the flavours have had a chance to mingle.

So, how has your weekend been so far? I'm off to Metrotown briefly in the afternoon on Sunday before returning home to bake some flatbread. Then after supper it's early to bed to get ready for the work week. How soon the weekends fly by so more news later!!! - V.

No comments: