Saturday, September 19, 2009

the other day - Friday

Yesterday (Friday) was a hectic day at work with the supervisor off sick and those filling in not being used to working the daytime shift. This meant a lot of extra work for me to do, aside from the usual. Ever tried doing two or three things at the same time, like preparing a courier item online, while leaving a message on someone's voicemail and having visitors waiting to be greeted??? It can be done but it's stressful. It's these times when we see how much we are capable of doing!

The commute in to work and back is usually rather routine, nothing exciting, but Friday's trip home on the train had an interesting diversion. As usual for the trip home, I commute by taking a SkyTrain into Waterfront station, cross the platform to an awaiting train all to get a seat. That wouldn't be the case at the station nearby work since everyone is crammed in like sardines at that point. It's a little extra time but worth it.

Anyway, homeward bound at good-looking guy got on at station or two after I got on at Waterfront. He was standing until we got to Broadway station. Then a person beside me got up and he filled that space. I took to time to have a look at him occasionally. It's either that or spend time looking out at the scenery going by as the train moves on to the east away from Vancouver. He looked to be in his early 20s, about six foot tall (give or take an inch or two either way), had short blondish hair, lovely blue eyes, had a trim athletic physique wearing khaki-coloured shorts (the ones with the bulky pockets), a dark blue, short-sleeved t-shirt and a white baseball cap. The guy sat there with his legs spread open, his left thigh against my right, with neither one of us attempting to move back. I spent time looking at his hands, the back of his head and neck, as he was leaning forward at one point. That was also when I noticed his blue eyes! And he did take the time to take a peak at me as well! If I had my business cards ready at the time, I would have given him one with the prospect of getting this modeling photography started. He'd have made a perfect model, well, one that I'd take the time to photography anyway!!! Sadly, he got off at Metrotown!

So, how was your day? Anything exciting happen to you or come your way??? - V.

No comments: