Sunday, November 20, 2011

another December image

Here's another photo I took in a series of shots from December 1988.  The scene is a second floor apartment in a house owned by a friend of mine from high school.  I shared the apartment with a friend from my high school days and a student from Newfoundland.  We all seemed to get along.  Then our landlord wanted to move into that unit because it had three bedrooms while his only had two.  His wife was expecting a child and the extra room was needed.  He offered his unit or another one for my friend and I but my friend wanted nothing to do with it, so no agreement was possible.  If I had known that from the beginning, I would have looked for another apartment.   As it was, this one was a short bus trip to work or a 20 - 25 minute walk away.  It was handy as far as the laundromat was concerned and shopping.  As with a lot of images, there are a lot of memories with this and the other one.

Like my previous image from the same period this one was taken on the second Advent in December, which in our case, that month is just around the corner.  My how quickly the year has passed.  I know the Christmas season will soon be upon us but have you made thoughts of what resolutions you might make for the coming new year, 2012? - V

No comments: