Saturday, April 23, 2011

Burnaby and more

Late Friday afternoon I had hoped to find the group of longboarders in practice but because of it being Good Friday and Easter in general I wasn't too surprised when I saw no sign of them. I'll catch them again next Friday. Then I'll be coming from work to do the photoshoot.

All was not wasted since I did take some photos just the same. The one above is one of them. There is a hedge in full bloom in the foreground.

I ended up walking to Metrotown SkyTrain station from there rather than take another bus. It was so nice weather-wise but I'm paying the price today with passing blood in my urine. A leaky kidney is the cause and this takes about 24 to 48 hours for all to go back as it was. Its a condition that's left over from 2006 when I developed severely high blood pressure after coming west from Ontario. Its a long story but to make it short a microscopic parasite was at the root of it. Once that was found the matter was resolved rather quickly. A leaky kidney is but one of those things I have to live with for the rest of my life. It doesn't stop me from getting out and enjoying the great outdoors and nature in general. Why should it?

I hope you're having a great Easter weekend!!! Make the most of it! - V

No comments: