Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hollyburn Peak - part I

Well, the weather was overcast on Saturday, so I put off hiking up to the summit of Hollyburn Mountain until Sunday which turned out to be an excellent idea. The weather was bright, warm and sunny, just perfect for a hike. I started up from the trailhead on Millstream Road at 2 pm and finally made it to the top nearing 7 pm. It was quite the hike and I have 413 photos to show for the effort. These are just a few taken at the peak with a grand view of the Coast Mountains, Georgia Strait and Vancouver Island. There's no better place to take in the view than this bench just made for the purpose.

And even at 1325 meters, it didn't take long to have the local chipmunk (Least Chipmunk I believe) to show up and check me out for handouts. I'll have more photos later once I've edited the best ones of those I did take. I am currently using the last photo as my wallpaper on my laptop. Meantime, enjoy these pics!!! - V.

No comments: